For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 (the Act), the data controller is James Faulkner, Chairman Guildford Beer Festival, Guildford Cricket Club Limited of C/o Alliotts, Friary Court, 13-21 High Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3DL, England.
The type of information we collect from you
The personal information we collect might include your name, email address, IP address, and information regarding which pages you access and when. If you purchase admission tickets or drinks tokens online from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors (PayPal), who specialise in secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
How we collect this information, and why
We collect information about you when you use our website, for example, when you buy admission tickets or drink tokens for the Guildford Beer Festival (GBF), when you contact us or if you register to receive our GBF newsletter. We then keep this information in order to fulfil our obligations to you by supplying you with admission tickets and/or drinks tokens and, if you asked us to, keeping you in touch with events at the GBF.
Use of data
How we use this information, and why
We may use your information
- To process your order for admission tickets and/or advance-sales drinks tokens which you have decided to purchase and which you have submitted to us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us, for example, in fulfilling your ticket order on our ticket-booking system and by sending you an email with a pdf link to you ticket(s).
- To send you communication which you have requested and which may be of interest to you. This may include information about our annual beer festival, news, promotions, offers and/or surveys.
- To ensure that the content and design of our website is presented in the most efficient way to you and for the computer or device you are using to access it at the time.
We review our retention periods of personal data on an annual basis.
- If you buy/bought online admission tickets and/or drinks/food tokens from us for the GBF 2020, your personal data (name and email address) will be deleted from our ticket booking systems by 01 January 2021.
- If you bought online admission tickets and/or drinks/food tokens from us for the GBF 2019, your personal data (name and email address) will be deleted from our ticket booking systems by 01 January 2020.
- If you bought online admission tickets and/or drinks tokens from us for the GBF 2018, your personal data (name and email address) was deleted from our ticket booking systems by 01 January 2019.
Who has access to your information
Guildford Cricket Club Limited will not sell or rent your information to third parties and will we not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
When you are using our secure online ticket buying pages, your purchase is processed by a third party payment processor (PayPal), who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
If you request to be kept up-to-date with news about the GBF and forthcoming ticket sales for next year’s event, your email address is processed by a third party marketing automation platform (MailChimp), who specialise in the secure online management of email addresses for newsletter distribution. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
Use of data in marketing
If you do not want us to keep your personal data (name and email address) for the purposes of buying your admission tickets and/or drinks tokens, then you can cancel your registration at any time prior to completing the purchase with PayPal, and buy your admission tickets directly from Guildford Tourist Information Office at 155 High Street in Guildford Town Centre.
You can choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us with news about this year’s GBF and next year’s ticket sales launch, then you can select ‘No’ by ticking the relevant box situated on the ticket buying registration form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07891 123 924.
How you can update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com or, alternatively, you can telephone us on 07891 123 924.
How you can access your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Guildford Cricket Club Limited holds about you. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data.
Precautions we take to protect your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s received and processed securely. Personal and sensitive information (such as your name or credit/debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 128 Bit encryption on SSL. You will know when you are on such a secure page because a green lock icon will appear within the browser’s address bar.
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website’s cookies
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. However, turning off cookies may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.